Winter draw down will occur at Fox Valley Lake from December 5, 2016 to March 1, 2017. The water level will be lowered approximately 8 feet to reduce nuisance aquatic vegetation. For questions or concerns contact Chris Williamson at 573-248-2530.
From Kahoka, take Highway 81 north 4.75 miles, then Route NN west 2.50 miles to the area.
Area contains nearly 1,300 acres of forest as well as old fields, cropland, grassland, and wetlands. Facilities/features: boat ramp, fishing dock, primitive camping, picnic areas, firearms/archery ranges, Fox Valley Lake (108 acres), a permanent stream (Fox River), and several small ponds.
The 2,158-acre area is about 60 percent forested. The remaining 40 percent consists of grasslands, row crops, and idle fields. The forest consists mainly of oak-hickory in the uplands and mixed hardwood and softwood species in the bottomlands. The area includes a 108-acre fishing lake and a 13-acre constructed wetland. Over one-mile of unchannelized portion of the Fox River meanders along the area's eastern boundary. Because of its size and diversity, Fox Valley Lake Conservation Area is managed for a wide range of game and non-game wildlife species.The area is available to the public for a variety of outdoor activities. Portions of the area are managed for upland wildlife species such as quail, rabbits, and songbirds. Timbered portions are managed for deer, turkey, squirrel, and woodland songbirds. Wetlands provide waterfowl habitat.Management of the area includes farming, haying, discing, terracing, water manipulation, controlled burning, plus developing wildlife habitat by tree, shrub and grass plantings, food plots, and harvesting of timber.The area includes a concrete boat ramp at the lake, a disabled-accessible fishing area, a river access (no ramp) and a rifle and archery range.
For more information call:
Owned by MDC
Go to Top of Page
Type of Restroom:
Type of Complex:
Day of Maintenance:
1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset, unless posted otherwise.
Click Shooting Ranges for more information.
Follow MDC on
Copyright ©2015 Conservation Commission of Missouri. All Rights Reserved.